“Today, British filmmaker Alex Holder of AJH Films complied with a congressional subpoena to turn over footage captured during his work on a documentary series surrounding the final six weeks of President Trump’s re-election campaign as well as never-before-seen footage of the January 6th attack at the U.S. Capitol. The series includes: unparalleled access and exclusive interviews with President Trump, Ivanka, Eric, and Don Jr, Jared Kushner as well as Vice President Pence; in the White House, Mar-A-Lago, behind-the-scenes on the campaign trail, and before and after the events of Jan 6th. ‘When we began this project in September 2020, we could have never predicted that our work would one day be subpoenaed by Congress,’ said the series director Alex Holder.”
“‘As a British filmmaker, I had no agenda coming into this. We simply wanted to better understand who the Trumps were and what motivated them to hold onto power so desperately. We have dutifully handed over all the materials the Committee has asked for and we are fully cooperating.’ The series, which has been titled Unprecedented, was purchased last year by a major streaming service and is scheduled to be released in 3-parts this summer. Due to the sale of the footage, Holder did not previously have the legal authority to release the material or publicly discuss the project. Holder maintained full editorial control over the series and was not compensated in any way by the former President, his family, or staff. The Committee will conduct a deposition of Holder this Thursday” says documentary filmmaker Alex Holder in a statement.