Skip to the content
- Nothing exemplified House GOP incompetence more than the folly of the Mayorkas impeachment vote. The craven opportunism to need to do it when a single Dem was supposed to be absent. And the inability to literally count says a lot about MT
G’s leadership of the effort.
- Prediction: When the Dow hits 40,000, Biden’s job approval goes up five percentage points within two weeks.
- Republicans are having conniptions over an intentionally overly-descriptive account of Biden’s deposition relating to events over a 40-year period in a report written by a Republican Special Counsel, missing the big point of the report that there were no grounds to charge Biden. But Donald Trump forgot what his first AND second wife looked like in a videotaped deposition for a (so-far) $85 million defamation lawsuit that sprung from Trump sexually assaulting a woman–a woman he continues to claim he never met although there are multiple photos of them together.
- The DC Circuit ruling on Trump’s non-immunity is comprehensive and compelling. The only thing that would delay SCOTUS upholding the decision is if Kavanaugh’s lips get tired while reading it.
- Too little is being said about Clarence Thomas not recusing himself from any January 6th case, whether or not it involves Trump. Any vote that includes his is tainted and will further erode the credibility of the Court.
- Tucker Carlson: Putin’s personal political puppet for pay, when Vlad wants a real GFE (Greedy fraud experience).
- Wait… Ronna Romney McDaniel gave Trump her resignation? He didn’t dismiss her with his signature, “You’re fired!”? Reminder: there is not a single account of Trump ever firing anyone of importance to their face unless it was on the set of a television show. (I’m giving leeway here for Trump firing in anger a golf course landscaper after missing a two-foot putt or a clubhouse waiter who didn’t bring sufficient ketchup.) Even in the White House, he had a subordinate tell the future unemployed to resign.
- With Sunday’s Super Bowl set for Las Vegas, the NFL banned players from gambling on table games while in the city, which seems a little contradictory for a league that has an official sportsbook.
- Slightly less comical than the impeachment vote failing was the failure of Preacher Mike Johnson’s aid to Israel bill that never had a chance at getting the needed two-thirds vote. It further demonstrates the delusion of the GOP.
- I watched five minutes of Greg Gutfeld’s show (so you don’t have to) and oh my gawd, the forced laughter from the crew for the prewritten piece was so goddamn painful. They’d be better off having a no reaction, letting everyone think they missed the joke like it’s a counterculture thing, than have the entire audience think, “That was a joke?” because of the forced guffaws. It will also cover up the really shitty writing.
- Why would any reasonable person with a goal of accomplishing anything done after watching how McConnell and the GOP treated Oklahoma’s Jim Lankford, who sank time, energy and reputation to craft a bipartisan border bill.
- The event that hurt Trump the most this week, IMHO, was the Border Patrol union endorsing the Biden border plan Trump and Republicans want killed, saying it’s the most comprehensive bill in a generation. That union, filled with big, tough men, endorsed Trump in the last election, and now they’ve betrayed him for Biden. I’m sure he threw ketchup.
- I traveled a lot in my career–in planes, trains or automobiles typically four days per week–going to 45 or 46 states. (I’m honestly not sure if I ever went to Wyoming) My favorite towns to spend an overnight trip in were the small cities, less than 300,000 people. You could find good food, good entertainment, and good people without attitude. People in small cities like to help you discover their charms.
- The Supreme Court arguments on Trump’s Colorado ballot eligibility spotlighted a glaring issue with 14.3: there’s no clear mechanism for enforcement. Unfortunately, this will not be resolved by any Congress in the near future. Republicans have no urge to set up the system to confirm Trump’s ineligibility.
- A Tennessee man is arrested after trying to organize white nationalist militias to use guns and explosives against migrants at the border to highlight the migrant invasion and Curtis Sliwa’s Guardian Angels assault a peaceful New Yorker because he spoke Spanish. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think it’s the migrants causing migration-related violence.
- Yes, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, mac-and-cheese, fried chicken, and spaghetti with meatballs are all fine comfort foods, but if you want true comfort most quickly, a fresh homemade chocolate chip cookie hits all the right buttons
- Put your orders in for Valentine’s chocolate with your local chocolatier or candy shop now. The product will be better than the supermarket (or convenience store) boxes, and they’re typically far better quality. And buying local demonstrates more love than Amazon delivery.