Categories
Uncategorized

Zulu king challenges woke South African professor to ritual combat

South African Zulu King Misuzulu kaZwelithini on Saturday publicly announced he’s had enough of the fake news from his subject, University of Zuuland Professor Musa Xulu, and challenged the radical left academic to a ritual nonlethal combat to settle the score, the BBC reports.

“We are angry and we will do anything to protect and preserve our cultures,” Misuzulu said to a crowd of thousands gathered in front of the newly-built eMashobeni palace during the opening of the Zulu community’s annual Reed Dance. “It pains me to see another man telling me how to do my job… It is okay if he is against me, but when he insults me, he insults the Zulu nation as well. If his friends are here, go and tell him that there is a fighting ring – if he wants a stick fight because I can take him up,” Misuzulu continued in his tirade against Xulu without specifying the insult.

Xulu tells the BBC he’s pretty sure this is about an interview he gave to local media recently in which he criticized the king for pissing away millions to build a new palace just a few years after $9 million had been spent renovating the Enyokeni palace – where the Reed Dance had been held since 1984.

The Zulu nation represents a fifth of South Africa’s population of 64 million and, although the king holds no formal political power, the government still provides a $4.9 million annual stipend to the royal family. Misuzulu’s extravagant spending on a new palace when the old one was perfectly fine is much closer to waste and extravagance than it is any personal graft as eMashobeni and Enyokeni are public venues, not royal residences. Xulu said as much, adding that “talking about public finance is not an insult.” The professor, 64, declined the 50 year-old king’s challenge on the grounds that the ritual stick fighting combat is only supposed to be between men of equal status. “I’m not equal to the king,” Xulu said adding that he’s got “nothing personal” against Misuzulu over the spending.

Yet someone, if not Misuzulu or a royal courtier, is taking it personally enough as Xulu says he’s “received threats from hired assassins,” and had filed a formal complaint with police.

Created by potrace 1.16, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2019

Movie Night Saturday: Mission Impossible

5 hours ago

Elon, somewhat understandably, lost his shit over The Boys finale

16 hours ago

White House propaganda app now required for federal phones

17 hours ago

Remember when Obama said “57 states”? That was funny

19 hours ago

Hawaii’s Big Island hit with 6.0 magnitude earthquake

20 hours ago

Fat idiot to shake things up with new attack on Iran: Axios

1 day ago

WATCH LIVE: Trump embarrasses Mike Lawler

2 days ago

Golf > Don Jr’s wedding

2 days ago

Tulsi resigns from Trump Regime

2 days ago

Tom Emmer should wipe the, uh, stuff off of his chin, it’s really gross

2 days ago

Orange Manfred continues spurning his former courtiers

2 days ago

Colorado officials find ICE propaganda is terrorist incitement

2 days ago

Axios profiles top business guru’s clever, unorthodox income

2 days ago

Memphis man says he was imprisoned on Epstein Island recently

2 days ago

Congress goes on recess over $1.776 billion MAGA slush fund

3 days ago

Senior not sure he can skip golf for Don Jr’s wedding

3 days ago

Mortgage rates climb to 6.51 percent, highest since

3 days ago

Don Jr remembers perfunctory campaign pledge

3 days ago

Jim Jordan squashes Blanche subpoena by one vote

4 days ago

Orange goes deeper in the red on approvals in QU poll

4 days ago

House cancels Iran vote over “attendance issues,” ballroom DOA

4 days ago

Top Cornyn advisor posts hilarious meme

4 days ago

Orange Baby screams over Senate Parliamentarian “brutalizing us”

4 days ago

Raul Castro officially indicted

4 days ago

Graham Platner 48 – Concern Lady 41 in Maine: poll

4 days ago

The president said more stupid, demented shit on Wednesday

4 days ago

The other Murdoch kid to buy up half of Vox Media

4 days ago

Last two bodies recovered from Maldivian underwater cave

4 days ago

Thomas Massie retired by the vengeful Orange Allah

4 days ago

WATCH LIVE: Jaydee fills in for Krazy Karoline

5 days ago

Cornhole still too chickenshit to say what he really feels

5 days ago

Ken Paxton wins the Trump Texas reality show, lands endorsement

5 days ago

“Greece likes triangles”

5 days ago

State Department unfollows Rubio on Twitter

5 days ago

Defense Attorney General testifies to Senate: Watch Live

5 days ago

Villager warns Kamala Harris revealed “Democrats’ game plan”

5 days ago

Regime to admit more MAGAfrikaners

5 days ago

WATCH LIVE: Walking healthcare crisis makes noises about access

5 days ago

CDC confirms American in Congo tests positive for Ebola

6 days ago

Trump announces he takes orders from foreign man in frilly dress

6 days ago

Benny Johnson already researching Simi Valley FD’s DEI policies

6 days ago

Minnesota DA charges ICE agent over migrant shooting

6 days ago

Regime confirms $1.776 billion “Anti-Weaponization” slush fund

6 days ago

President airs frustrations with media coverage of Iran policy

6 days ago

Newsmax reports Trump team worried boss emboldened Xi

6 days ago

Dems 50 – GOP 39 on generic congressional ballot: NYT/Siena poll

6 days ago

Tornado and wildfire threat to peak in central US on Monday

6 days ago

“That’s his Churchill moment”

7 days ago

Trump approval now down to 37 percent in CBS News/YouGov poll

7 days ago

Bill Cassidy primaried out of Senate

1 week ago

x
x
x
x
x
x