Categories
Uncategorized

Pompeo cancels his last taxpayer-funded European vacation after Luxembourg scraps meeting

With just eight days left in office, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has planned to spend part of the next week jetting around Europe at taxpayer expense, seeing the sights, collecting well wishes and (did we mention?) seeing the sights.

But that all changed when the tiny Grand Duchy of Luxembourg publicly canceled its meeting with Pompeo, citing the support his boss had given to insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol last week, killing five, according to CNN.

While Pompeo’s last vacation diplomatic mission to Europe wasn’t supposed to be publicly announced in the US, many of the intended hosts apparently were balking at meeting with Pompeo.  NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg and Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sophie Wilmès, whom Pompeo also hoped to meet with, openly condemned the attack on the Capitol and the coddling of those who dismissed the outcome of the election.

“”Shocking scenes in Washington, D.C. The outcome of this democratic election must be respected,” Stoltenberg said on Twitter last Wednesday.

In an interview with the BBC, Luxembourg’s Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Jean Asselborn called Trump “a political pyromaniac who must be put before a criminal court” and an instigator of a “9/11 against democracy.”

The State Department brushed off the criticism, saying that it was clear the European leaders did not feel the need to meet with Pompeo given the short remainder of time in office.  Others tried to claim that Pompeo had to cancel the trip because he was going to concentrate on assisting the transition–though that didn’t explain why he would try to schedule the trip in the first place.

“We are expecting shortly a plan from the incoming administration identifying the career officials who will remain in positions of responsibility on an acting basis until the Senate confirmation process is complete for incoming officials,” State Department spokesperson Morgan Ortagus said. “As a result, we are cancelling all planned travel this week, including the Secretary’s trip to Europe.”

Created by potrace 1.16, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2019

BREAKING: Fox News admits they lied to viewers about gas prices

3 hours ago

California MAGA county clerk to hire Tina Peters as top deputy

5 hours ago

“Peace president” gives up on peace talks

10 hours ago

Fox News excited to hype launch of new mental poison for kids

11 hours ago

ABC files First Amendment lawsuit against FCC

12 hours ago

Orange Tyrant still really nervous over Dan Sullivan “hoax”

14 hours ago

Frau Ingraham badmouths men who wear makeup

1 day ago

Pete Hegseth visits battlefield to try to help boost morale

1 day ago

President embarrasses nation because it’s a day that ends in Y

1 day ago

Texas MAGA Congressman says suffering American sailors full of shit

1 day ago

Supreme Court spikes Trump’s bid for EJ Carroll rehearing

1 day ago

Orange Fuhrer vows to “bomb the shit out of” US ally Oman

1 day ago

AP reports Trump-Iran 60-day “ceasefire” expires on Monday, lol

2 days ago

“This is real… He hasn’t brought anything down”

2 days ago

Israel relying on AI chatbots to help polish its image

2 days ago

Show us on the doll where the Shannon Bream woked you

2 days ago

Todd Blanche says it’s Trump right to pardon violent Jan 6 felons

2 days ago

Trump-appointed bank regular declares Trump crypto scam a bank

3 days ago

MAGA New York gubernatorial candidate and Nassau County Exec Bruce Blakeman is weak on border security and fighting socialism

3 days ago

Hawaii’s Big Island under hurricane warning

4 days ago

Deranged old loser mad GOP couldn’t find another “Mary Peltola”

4 days ago

WATCH LIVE: Fat Hitler traps Long Island police cadets

4 days ago

Consumer sentiment takes a beating again

4 days ago

Witch-haired freak dismisses suffering of civilians, military alike

4 days ago

Luigi-a-pleads-a-guilty-to-a-murda!

4 days ago

Box-o-Wine announces arrest in WWII monument vandalism

4 days ago

Orange Pharaoh rages after national WWII monument vandalized

4 days ago

US retail sales plummeted in July

4 days ago

Netanyahu thirsty for Trump endorsement

5 days ago

Man in robot alien trash can costume sort of concedes to Nazi

5 days ago

Brown 53 – Husted 45 in Ohio: Fox News poll

5 days ago

Internet more fragile than previously thought

5 days ago

Iran targeting Republican vote supply: Fox and Friends

6 days ago

Rat flees sinking ship: Karoline quits White House

6 days ago

Fuhrerbunker rant decidedly more unhinged than previous one

6 days ago

Maryland kids exposed to rabies after playing with sickened bat

6 days ago

Fox News still has yet to report she lost

7 days ago

ICE buying electrified gloves to zap victims on demand

7 days ago

Please remember this meaningless bullshit in November

1 week ago

RNC finds roles for those too violent, unstable for ICE employment

1 week ago

Team Orange batting the subpoena hatches down hard

1 week ago

TMTG posts negative $238 million earnings in Q2 2026

1 week ago

Cowardly bitch-ass president flew out of Turkey on decoy plane

1 week ago

WATCH LIVE: Trump uncures childhood diseases

1 week ago

Orange God Emperor demands Iran pay him reparations

1 week ago

Colombia hit with 7.4-magnitude earthquake, killing at least 20

1 week ago

Fox couchman almost mad at reporter for bringing the bad news

1 week ago

Hormuz never returning to pre-war condition: Iranian MP

1 week ago

“Black and Brown Voters” expert shares inside analysis on demo

1 week ago

Max Miller stuck on the ballot

1 week ago

x
x
x
x
x
x